John Donne has an experienced member of staff acting as a designated coordinator for pupils with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND). Our SENDCO is Mrs Harrison-White. She can be contacted through the school office.
Pupils have SEND if they:
- have a learning difficulty which calls for specialised education provision to be made for them which is in addition to or different from the standard curriculum plan, within the mainstream class
- have a disability which prevents or hinders them from making use of educational facilities of a kind generally provided for children of the same age
At John Donne we aim to:
- successfully and happily integrate pupils with special educational needs into the academic and social life of the school
- work positively with parents
- enable ALL pupils to work to their full potential
We will work together with the LA and all relevant specialists in order to provide every assistance in meeting the best educational and social needs of a child with a physical disability.
The governing body considers access requirements when undertaking planned repairs and maintenance such that accessibility is increased both for children, parents/carers and visitors. The school’s Accessibility Plan is available in school.
Admission of children who are disabled
Admission arrangements for all children regardless of special educational need or disability can be found on our admission page. If your child as an Education Health and Care Plan please speak to someone at your child's school as formal consultation must be made from the SEND team
Please follow the links below to read our SEND policy, our local offer and our SEND report.
To find our more about Central Bedfordshire's local offer please click here.
If you have any concerns please speak to our SENDCO who can be contacted via the school office.