The intent of John Donne's History curriculum is to deliver a curriculum which is accessible to all and that will maximise the outcomes for every child so that they build a foundation for their future. As a result of this they will:
- Increase and develop their historical skills, concepts, knowledge and attitudes.
- Increase their understanding of the present in the context of the past.
- Develop and use their skills in enquiry, analysis, evaluation, and argument.
- Develop their interest in the past, arousing their curiosity and motivation to learn.
- Develop a sense of identity through learning about the past.